By using this website you agree the Terms and Conditions outlined on this page.
Red Reindeer Media (ABN 26 376 584 785) is the operator of 'Christmas Light Search' and it's related websites.
(All information on this page may refer to the owners of http://www.christmaslightsearch.com.au as, "We", "ChristmasLightSearch" or "Red Reindeer Media").
ChristmasLightSearch (Red Reindeer Media) and its related subsites are operated in a good-faith environment, aiming to provide you with a information relating to Christmas light displays, Christmas events, and other activities around Australia.
While care is taken to ensure the site is up to date and accurate, we do not take responsibility for the accuracy of the information presented on this site. ChristmasLightSearch (Red Reindeer Media) does not accept liability for actions based upon information from this website (e.g. certain locations may no longer display lights, and various circumstances may have changed.)
This Policy explains what personal information we collect both online (including through apps) and offline and how we use it. Please read it carefully.
ChristmasLightSearch (Red Reindeer Media) (Red Reindeer Media) is bound by, and uses your information in accordance with, the National Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act 1988 and subsequent Privacy Amendment Act 2001.
- We collect your information in different ways from you. For example, if you register for a promotion, create an account, enter a competition or free prize draw, download an app, post a comment on our websites, ask us a question or email us.
- Through your use of our websites and apps. You may view and use our websites and apps via a computer, phone, tablet or other device. We use tracking tools like browser cookies and web beacons on our websites and apps to collect information about your usage.
- From third parties. For example, if you choose to use an integrated social media feature on our websites or apps, the third-party social media site will give us certain information about you. This could include your name and email address. Your activities on our sites and apps may be posted to the social media platforms.
You may opt out of the use of the DoubleClick cookie for interest-based advertising by visiting Google's ads preference manager, to opt out of other advertising vendor's cookies, please refer to www.aboutads.info
Information we may hold about you
We use the following information for the purposes described in this Policy:
- Your contact information. We will hold contact information you provide to us (e.g. name, address, phone number, email, country of residence) when you submit information to this site (e.g. a display listing, photo, or event details).
- Information you post online. For example, we hold information you post on our website or on a third-party social media site to which we have access (including reviews you post or surveys you complete). When you post information online, you must not infringe the rights of others (including privacy rights) and you should be aware that others may use, tag and/or re-publish your information in ways that you might not expect (including in ways that are unlawful).
- Website usage information. If you use our websites, we may collect information about the browser you’re using and your IP address (this is a number that identifies a specific network device on the internet and is required for your device to communicate with websites). We might look at what site you came from, what you did and didn’t use our site for, or what site you visit when you leave us.
- App(s) usage information. If you use our app(s), we may collect your GPS location or your device’s unique identifier. We might also collect the type of device you are using, or the version of the operating system your computer or device is running. We might look at, for example, how often you use the app and where you downloaded it.
- Email response information. In relation to emails we send you, we may collect information on how you respond to such emails, for example, the number of times the email is opened or the links in them are clicked.
- Other information about your interactions with us. For example, if you interact with us via a box office, email, telephone or social media (e.g. Facebook, Twitter).
We may use your information in the following ways and for the following purposes
- To provide you with products, services, account information and support. For example, we might use your information to confirm your submission of a listing, status of a listing, request additional information, or provide updates. If you give us your friend’s information, we will use it to provide services you request from us. Before you give us a friend’s information, please do make sure that you have your friend’s permission to share that information with us.
- To send you communications in connection with your submissions.
- To identify trends and interests. We use your information to get to know what your preferences might be so we can improve our offering to you and so that your experience with us is more relevant and personal. We may combine information we get from you with information about you we get from third parties, including to analyse customer behaviour.
- To monitor and improve our products, services, and websites. We analyse your information to improve our understanding of you and our customer base in general. We do this so that we can make better decisions about our services, advertising, products and content, based on a more informed picture of how our customers use our current services, and to provide you with a more customised experience.
- To prevent or detect unlawful behaviour or to protect or enforce legal rights.
- For market research purposes. We may contact you as part of market research we are carrying out. You may choose not to participate.
- To provide you with tailored advertising and online behavioural advertising. We may work with other companies to show you advertisements we think you may find relevant and useful. This may include advertisements displayed on our own websites or apps, or advertisements from us displayed on other companies’ sites. The advertisements you see may be based on information collected by us or third parties and/or may be based on your activities on our websites or third party sites. The second type of advertising is called ‘online or third party behavioural advertising’.
- As otherwise permitted by law. In limited circumstances, we may also use your information for other purposes where permitted by law.
- You have certain choices about how we use your information
When you submit your information and details to our site, you give us consent in order to collect and process your information as stated above. If you wish to withdraw any consent you have provided to us for such use of your personal information, please write to us or tell us about your preferences using the methods described in this section..
- What we will do if there is an update to this policy
From time to time we may change our privacy practices. We will notify you of any changes to this Policy as required by law. We will post an updated copy on our website. It will have a different date and version number from the one set out below. Please check our site periodically for updates.
Any submissions made to ChristmasLightSearch (Red Reindeer Media) are subject to following Warranty, License and Removal conditions:
(The word "media" means photos, images, videos, audio, film, print media or other digital imagery)
(The word "content" means media, information, contact details or other data)
(The word "submission" means content provided to ChristmasLightSearch (Red Reindeer Media). This includes all content submitted via our website, or sent to us by email or social media (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Instragram)
The phrase "ChristmasLightSearch" means www.ChristmasLightSearch.com.au, Red Reindeer Media and their related entities.
(The word "submitter" means the person or entity who submits content to ChristmasLightSearch (Red Reindeer Media).
(i) the submission is made truthfully and accurately, to the best knowledge of the submitter; and
(ii) the submitter has the right to make the submission as its owner and copyright holder or has been permitted or licensed by its owner and copyright holder to make the submission; and
(iii) the submission is safe to display and is not inflammatory, derogatory, sexual, racist or political of nature; and
(iv) the submission complies with all other policies and requirements as stated in these Terms and Conditions as well as any other policies and requirements as listed on other pages of this site, both of which may be updated from time to time.
(i) On submission you grant the exclusive right to ChristmasLightSearch (Red Reindeer Media) to use/display the submission on our website, associated websites and social media pages (including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube or Pinterest);
(ii) You permit ChristmasLightSearch (Red Reindeer Media) to utilise the submission commercially and to defend its rights to do so; and
(iii) You consent to ChristmasLightSearch (Red Reindeer Media) placing a watermark of its logo and web address across submitted images at its discretion.
Content will be removed from the ChristmasLightSearch (Red Reindeer Media) site and/or its social media pages in the following circumstances:
(i) At the discretion of ChristmasLightSearch (Red Reindeer Media) (e.g. if it does not comply with the site's Terms and Conditions); or
(ii) At request of the submitter; or
(iii) At the request of the content owner, where the submission is proven to have not been made by the content owner in accordance with these Terms and Conditions; or
(iv) At the request of the owner of a house listed in the ChristmasLightSearch (Red Reindeer Media) directory, where the submission is proven to have not been made in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
Any requets for content removal will be actioned as soon as possible by ChristmasLightSearch (Red Reindeer Media) on a best endevours basis. To initiate a content removal request, please email ChristmasLightSearch (Red Reindeer Media) with the basis of your request.
- All the information on this website is Copyright 2008-2017 to ChristmasLightSearch (Red Reindeer Media).
- No part of this website, or its content (including but not limited to: text, photos, videos, other graphics, addresses, descriptions, comments and all related information), may be replicated without written permission from ChristmasLightSearch (Red Reindeer Media).
- The website template is copyright to its owner and creators.
- Some images and data from this website may belong to third parties, upon request, these will be removed.
- The site, related sites and Applications (apps) not intended for children.
Our sites and apps are meant for adults. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children.
- We use standard security measures.
We have security measures in place to protect your information. The standard security measures we use will depend on the type of information collected. However, the Internet is not 100% secure. We cannot promise that your use of our sites will be completely safe. We encourage you to use caution when using the Internet. This includes not sharing your passwords.
- We may link to third party sites or services we don’t control
If you click on one of those links, you will be taken to websites we do not control.